Birth Pool In A Box Mini Tub
- Ships worldwide
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Comes with one liner.
65" x 57" x 28" ~ 125 gallons
- Internal depth of 26" - water depth of 23"
- Internal Seat
- Three independent wall chambers for increased safety and adjustable height
- Patented form-fitting disposable liners
- Made without phthalates, which have been linked to fertility problems, and is free from lead and cadmium. Better for the environment, better for you and your baby.
- Includes disposable liner for enhanced safety. Midwives advise that a new liner for the birth is a necessity from a hygiene perspective, and are a must when mothers want to be able to do trial-runs before the birth. One disposable liner is included with each pool and additional liners are available. Using a liner also means two "containers" for the water, giving added protection against the unlikely event of a water leak.
- Deep enough to give buoyancy without compromising midwife support - the minimum recommended depth of water to provide buoyancy for a mother in labor is 21". Birth-Pool-in-a-Box has an internal depth of 26" and since the sides are stiff when inflated, you can fill water to a depth of 23".
- Three independent chambers for improved safety The sides of Birth-Pool-in-a-Box are made of 3 independent tubular chambers stacked on top of each other. If one of them should puncture by accident, only 1/3 of the wall height will be lost. This is safer for mother and baby and results in little to no water on your floor than a puncture into a single-chambered inflatable pool.
- Comfortable and welcoming This doesn't look like a medical device! It is welcoming and the inflated sides are comfortable to rest upon. This helps you relax, which will enhance the production of the hormone oxytocin, speeding up your labor.
- Adjustable Height By deflating the middle chamber to the appropriate height once a woman is in the filled pool, the height of the pool can be adjusted for safe and comfortable access to the woman by her caregivers. Not every woman needs 28" high sides. Smaller woman or smaller midwives may find that by lowering the sides of the pool by several inches, they feel more comfortable. By adjusting this on the middle chamber, the rigidity and stability of the pool is maintained by the fully inflated top and bottom chamber.
- Double-reinforced handles Mothers requested strong handles on the outside of the pool for use when leaning on the side facing out. They are angled at 30 degrees for comfort and secure the form-fitted disposable liner in place. Study enough for birth partner and midwives to support from any position.
- Once the pool is filled, the sides are sturdy enough for a 210 lb (95.5kg) person to sit on the side without collapsing it.
- Approximate filling time - 40 minutes to 3 hours (depending on your water pressure and the size of your hot water tank.)
- Approximate time to inflate - 15-25 minutes
- Proven in the field
- Every one factory-tested, every single pool is inflated and left for 24 hours before testing and packing. That means structural integrity you can depend on.
Each kit that we make, we make by hand and we do so with love and the intention of a beautiful birth. The kit is custom for your midwife and her preference.
Because each kit is custom, we cannot function like "Amazon Prime". We do strive to get your order processed as soon as possible. Most kits will leave our warehouse within 5-7 business days of ordering, this does NOT include shipping time. We recommend you purchase your kit(s) from Simply Birth at least 1 month before your due date. Simply Birth is not responsible if you order your kit too late and are unable to use it. If you are in a dire situation and need your kit sooner... please write in the notes section of checkout that you need your kit expedited and we will do our best to prioritize your order.
Please note that we are closed Saturday, Sunday and most major holidays. Orders placed on these days will not be processed until the next business day.
Simply Birth ships from Dana Point, California and uses USPS and UPS for shipping as it tends to be the most economical for our shipments.
In the case of lost packages by the mail carrier, Simply Birth releases liability of the package once it leaves our warehouse. All packages are insured by the carrier, therefore, if your package is lost, it is your responsibility to contact the mail carrier and file a claim for reimbursement. Due to an increase of lost packages in recent months, Simply Birth is now requiring a signature upon delivery of all orders.
Birth is an uncontrollable event and we'd like to provide for some flexibility. If you receive your order but are unable to use it for medical reasons and it is completely unopened (still sealed), we will give you a refund less 20% re-stocking fee, once you ship the order back to us. The cost of shipping is your responsibility.
If you order a pool and change your mind once you've received it, we will give you an in-store credit to purchase the pool you desire. Unfortunately, only unopened pools can be returned.